There are hundreds, if not thousands, of curry recipes. The most important point with any curry is to experiment and use what you enjoy eating. Similar as soups, there are unlimited options and recipes one may use.
- If using beans, precook prior to making the curry. If using meat also precook slightly prior to adding to the curry.
- Heat oil in a pan or pot
- Add onion, cinnamon, cloves, curry leaves, roasted cumin seeds, star anise. Sautee for a couple minutes.
- Add a cup some water and slower cooking vegetables such as carrots and potatoes.
- Add tomato and salt to taste. let cook well until consistency desired is achieved.
- Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, fennel seed (optional), galangal (optional),
- Add Curry Powder to taste. A good starting point is 3 teaspoons per liter of curry sauce.
- Once mixed well and vegetables are nearly soft enough, add Masala Powder and faster cooking vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, okra etc.
- Cook for a few minutes on medium heat until everything is tender enough.
Serve with rice or bread and enjoy!